‘Everything rises and falls on leadership’, John C. Maxwell.
As I started my entrepreneurial journey in Year 2011, I realised that in order to achieve more, we need to build and work in Teams. In fact, the larger the dream, the more important the Team. And leadership is the KEY on whether the Team can succeed or not.
So today, I want to share with you 25 powerful leadership quotes I LOVE and I hope they will give you insights on what true servant leadership is like and hopefully inspires you to start stepping up as a Leader too. Happy reading!
25 Powerful Leadership Quotes
1. Everything rises and falls on leadership. – John C. Maxwell
2. Great leaders don’t just develop followers; they develop leaders. Average leaders lead followers, while great leaders lead leaders. – Chris Brady
3. Servant leadership is not about glorious crowning acts. It is about casing the vision, helping others grow and achieve goals, especially when the stakes are high and the consequences really matter. It is about laying the foundation for others to succeed, and then standing back to let others shine. – Unknown
4. A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way. – John C. Maxwell
5. Management is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success. Leadership determines whether the ladder is leaning against the right wall. – Stephen Covey
6. To be a great leader, first become a great person. – Robin Sharma
7. When the best leader’s work is done, the people say, ’We did it ourselves.’ – Lao Tzu
8. The speed of the leader is the speed of the gang. – Mary Kay Ash
9. Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them. – John C. Maxwell
10. Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. – General Dwight D. Eisenhower
11. The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority. – Ken Blanchard
12. Leadership is about making the right decision and the best decision before, sometimes, it becomes entirely popular. – Martin O’Malley
13. Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality. – Warren Bennis
14. Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily, even if you had no title or position. – Brian Tracy
15. A great leader’s courage to fulfil his vision comes from passion, not position. – John C. Maxwell
16. The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly. – Jim Rohn
17. If you can’t lead yourself, you’ll never be able to lead anyone around you. – Robin Sharma
18. A true leader inspires others to lead themselves. – Ari D. Kaplan
19. Not all readers are leaders, but all leaders must be readers. – Harry Truman
20. Leaders become great, not because of their power, but because of their ability to empower others. – John C. Maxwell
21. Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others. – Jack Welch
22. The most powerful leadership tool you have is your own personal example. – John Wooden
23. Leaders don’t force people to follow, they invite them on a journey. – Charles S. Lauer
24. Be the kind of leader that you would follow. – Unknown
25. Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impacts lasts in your absence. – Sheryl Sandberg
So there you have it! My top 25 most powerful leadership quotes. I hope this has added value to you. If you have enjoyed it, please ’like’ it or ’share’ it so that more people can benefit from this. Sharing is caring!
Other Articles You May Enjoy
– What To Do When People Around You Don’t Support Your Entrepreneurial Dreams?
– My Top 20 ‘Most-Liked’ and ‘Most-Shared’ Posts
– 9 Personal Development Books that have Impacted My Life
With lots of love,